According to Vancouver’s online historical building permit information, this brick structure seems to have been designed by W. T. Whiteway (1) for “Jas. Reid” (the builder/original owner). The structure was built in 1903 and knocked down within a few years of this image being made (in 1974). It was replaced in 1978 with the current resident of the corner, a Boma office tower (800 W Pender).
(1) W. T. Whiteway is best known for designing the World (often called Sun) Tower; he was also architect for the still-operating St Regis Hotel.