The images above and below both show what today is called the West Pender Building (402 W Pender; SW corner Pender at Homer) — known originally as the British Columbia Securities building. Construction was completed during the pre-WWI boom in 1912 (Henry Sandham Griffith, architect). The photographers in both images are looking south down Homer Street from the NE kitty-corner.
The Victorian Hotel (511 Homer) – originally known as Victoria House when it was built in 1897 – is just outside of the left frame of each image. The Victoria Block – the larger building that rounds the corner of Homer and Pender – was built about a decade later in 1908.