These two images, made 78 years apart, were taken from roughly the same location. It is apparent from these images that in the years since the 1930s, much commercial waterfront land has been ‘reclaimed’ by building up and northwards. In the 2014 photo, part of the Vancouver Club is just visible on the far left, the Marine Building is on the far right (the glass tower under construction behind it is MNP Tower) and Park Place building is mid-image. In the earlier image, there’s a sign pointing towards the Vancouver docking point for car ferry service across Burrard Inlet (1904-1958). By the late 1950s, this service was redundant, due to the existence then of both a first narrows crossing (Lions Gate Bridge) and a recently completed new second narrows crossing (Ironworkers Memorial Bridge).