The Railway Club has been at the northeast corner of Dunsmuir at Seymour (579 Dunsmuir) since 1931. The image above was taken in 1974; the one below in 2014. It was originally a member’s-only club, called the Railwaymen’s Club. In the 1980s, it was transformed into a nightclub venue with an eclectic variety of musical acts.
The club occupies the second floor of this building. Retail space is on the ground floor: Columbia Optical (west-most), Wigwam restaurant, Railway Club entrance, Schick Electric Service Centre (and unseen, a barbershop, and east-most, a “personal aid shop” which seems to have been principally a wristwatch repair shop).