These photos of the 100 block of Dunsmuir Street (between Cambie and Beatty) reveal quite different structures within a relatively brief period.
In 1941, the YMCA (Edward E. Blackmore, 1905) was located here (although it faced onto Cambie, its longest wall was along the 100 block of Dunsmuir). It wouldn’t be here much longer, however. It was due to open soon at its newly built site on Burrard Street.
In 1974, there was a 3-level walk-up commercial block with the primary occupant being the Vancouver Opera Association. Another tenant was a used bookseller (and, according to the signage, a seller also of stamps and records). North, up Beatty Street, there was in 1974, the Nucleus Cabaret (also in the Opera Association building).
Today, the 111 Dunsmuir building occupies this corner.