The brick structure (on the right above and pictured below) still stands today. It was built in 1913 for what seems to have been an investment and real estate multinational (with a local board) called London & British North America Co. Sharp & Thompson were architects (and were responsible for the design of a great many other Vancouver buildings during their 82-year partnership); and Bruce Bros. were the builders.
Collier’s Ltd., another automobile dealership. Budget Rent-a-Car has occupied the corner (and much of the block) for the period since Collier’s left here.We are looking above at the southwest corner of Homer at Georgia in 1933, where Stonehouse Motors was located for about 20 years (ca1926-45). Prior to that, another automobile dealer was at this site, Knight-Higman Motors (ca1920-25). Before that, for little more than a single year (1917-18), the building was home to the Stettler Cigar Factory (interior image shown below). And in 1916, this building housed the Model Service Garage. From the late 1940s until the 1980s, the site was occupied by