If you’ve been following VanAsItWas for awhile, you’ll recall that a few months ago, we played Name Those Streets. This consisted of me showing three images which were misidentified by the City of Vancouver Archives (CVA) as to their street locations.*
Today’s post is a variant on that theme. However, the errors pertain more broadly to the info provided by CVA. The archivists may have erred in the street location, or in some other aspect of the photo’s description. I will play fair, however. I’ll provide all of the info that CVA provides so you can make a decision as to what the error is and (if you’re ‘on the ball’) what the correct info ought to be.
- Title: The Facade of the Marine Building
- Year: 1929
- Title: CPR Team Tracks Pender St.
- Year: 1959
- Scope and content: “Photograph shows the Dunsmuir Viaduct.”
- Title: View of buildings in the 300 block West Georgia Street looking East from Homer Street.
- Year: 1948
- Scope and content: “Photograph shows Hopps Sign Co. nLtd. (375 Georgia) and a street light.”
Answers will appear in tomorrow’s post.
*As of the date of publication of today’s post – 4 months after Name Those Streets was posted – none of the three errors then identified have been corrected.